Author Topic: Fine Cut vs Long Cut  (Read 7308 times)

Offline sker

• Posts Pending
Fine Cut vs Long Cut
« on: October 13, 2012, 02:35:38 AM »
...and why?
I've given fine cut a chance. Just tried Copenhagen Snuff for the first time (yeah... first. Never had interest in it) and it wasn't an AWFUL experience, but I personally can't see the appeal. I didn't get a buzz, I'm not a passive dipper, I like to have something to gnaw on a little. Dip the consistency of coffee grounds can't be chewed even a little, it just gets all over.
Skoal Original Wintergreen WAS an awful experience. It tasted okay, but again, all over the place.
The longer the better I think. This may be due to lack of practice, but I don't really think it's worth getting used to.
The exception was Grizzly Fine Cut. Grizzly Snuff is alright, but Fine Cut is just a tiny bit longer I think and stays together well.

Just curious to find out why some people like fine cuts better.

Offline Pirtek04

• Post Newbie
  • a dingo stole my baby
Re: Fine Cut vs Long Cut
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 06:46:58 AM »
I think these days, if you can get it in a fine cut you can get the same thing in a long cut. The only exception is redman natural. Only available in fine cut
Tobacco whore at large

Offline sker

• Posts Pending
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 06:38:10 PM »
I'm not sure if we just don't have it here, but I think Timberwolf is the same way. Fine Cut Natural, Long Cut Straight, Long Cut Wintergreen.
The question was why people like what they like though.

Offline Duff338

• Post Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 01:41:20 PM »
For me its only long cut when I used dip, fine cut makes such a mess.

I am not a fan of mud mouth.

Offline Rattlehead

• Posts Pending
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 03:46:20 PM »
Some people say there is a larger nic release due to surface area, or something along those lines.... But yeah I have no idea why fine cut is preferred . The flavor, IMO, is comparable to lc. The few times I've purchaced fc I've been unsuccessful, and pretty much wasted a quarter of the can between spillage and mudslides,  to borrow a snus term.
And snuff, forget it. tried a pinch out of a co workers can, and that was all I needed to realize I wasn't cut out for it. Copenhagen snuff,to me,was like trying to lower lip an unbaked prilla... in other words, god damn impossible for me to control.
So to answer, I don't know any advantage of fc.

Long cut for me when dipping.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:35:23 PM by Rattlehead »

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal